The second webinar organised by the Right to Nationality and Citizenship Network (RNCN) will discuss the current situation of statelessness in India with a focus on Assam. A global report ‘Together We Can’ on the impact of COVID-19 on stateless populations will be released in India during the webinar. The discussions will include a presentation on the statelessness of Roma populations in Europe. A film on the hardships, pain and bereavement faced by the stateless released detainees in Assam will be screened. Speakers include a lawyer, law academic, senior media persons and citizenship practitioners and will present a rich perspective on statelessness in the times of the pandemic.
1) Taniya Laskar | Human rights lawyer, Assam
2) Mohsin Alam Bhat | Associate Professor, Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat
3) Pamela Philipose, Ombudsperson, The Wire; former Senior Associate Editor, The Indian Express 4) Nevenka Kapičić, Project Coordinator, Roma Youth Organization “Walk with us-Phiren Amenca”, Montenegro
1) Ravi Hemadri, Director, Development and Justice Initiative, New Delhi
2) Angshuman Choudhury, Senior Researcher, Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, New Delhi